Improve your saving – and help others to save moreSubmitted by Foothills Financial Planning on September 11th, 2013
Opportunity to Join America Saves Week and Promote the Importance of Saving
Unless you’ve recently inherited a large estate, or perhaps won the lottery, saving is critical to reaching your goals. America Saves Week, February 24 – March 1, 2014, is an annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for individuals to assess their own saving status. Foothills Financial Planning supports this effort, and I want to get the word out early to encourage others to participate.
How to Participate
For starters, sign up for America Saves Week today.
From promoting the benefits of savings to employees – to offering incentives for people to open or add money to savings accounts – to holding workshops and developing new partnerships – there are so many ways to help people take financial action during the Week.
Learn more about what your organization can do during the Week at the links below.
- Educators and Youth Organizations
- Financial Institutions
- Non-Profits and Governments
Did You Know?
- Only 54% of Americans say they have a savings plan with specific goals.
- Only 43% of American say they have a spending plan that allows them to save enough money to achieve the goals of their savings plan.
- Only 66% of America have sufficient emergency funds for unexpected expenses like car repairs or a doctor’s visit.
Questions about the Week?
Director, America Saves
Communications Director, America Saves